2011/10/22

Day 16: studying and planning next month agenda at the hostel

Last night my roommate invited me to attend a free salsa class in a city culture center. Most ppl I met all said that "wow, u speak English very well". Truth is, I don't, maybe better than average, but definitely won't consider myself very good English speaker. I think they would have made this comment, simply because they assume Asian ppl don't speak English at all. Admittedly, my language does give me some advantage. I realized, as soon as ppl know I can communicate fluently in English, they become so much willing to talk to me. A lot of ppl I met have been to the countries I will be visiting, and they all love to share their experience with me. So, even without a Lonely Planet, I still know where I should visit and where I can have good Spanish class.

Today I found out, the taiwanese lady can speak Japanese, English, and Spanish. She usually takes a year break every 4 to 5 years. She could travel the entire year in Japan, US and this time in Latin America, and learn a new language with native speaker. And because of her language skills, she has no problem to go back to her career.

Actually, this is also part of my plan, as I also plan to long stay in France and travel in Europe, so to learn French at the same time.(not keen in learning Spanish, don't want pressure while doing travel). So glad to meet someone who is doing exactly what I want to do and very successfully.

0 意見 :