2011/11/15

Day 40: Climbing Volcano San Pedro

Paid USD50 for this tour.  Usually I don´t join tour, but since I heard some robbery stories here, and those are guns at your head, I think I should just pay the fee as an insurance, cuz I am travelling alone here.

First take a boat from Panajachel to San Pedro, then a tuk tuk to the entrance of the park.  The volcano is 3020M and the lake height is already 1458M.  It will take you 3 hours to go up and 2 hours to land.  Only one bathroom is at the reception of the park.  No food selling up there, so bring your food and water, as you will be really hungry and thirsty after you get on the top.

There are no stairs the entire trail, all mud traces and it should not surprise you.  If a country can´t spend money to make its roads all good, how can you expect better in the mountains.   There are a lot of coffee trees, advocado trees and maiz in the volcano, also some animals, but I could only hear the sounds, not see them.

Standing on the dock, you see all three volcanos around Lake Atitlan.

Volcano San Pedro, yes, I am going to climb it today.

Like  the lake view so much.

We are higher.

Finally we are almost at the top.  He is my guide, local with Mayan as first language and Spanish as the second language. So I got to practice some of my very basic entry level Spanish. 

Look!!  We are on the top.


From the top of Volcano San Pedro, you will see the entire lake as well as the Volcano Atitlan and Volcano Toliman.


0 意見 :