2011/11/17

Day 42: From Antigua Guatemala to Copan Honduras

I was supposed to move from Antigua directly to Le Ceiba in one day and it will be Antigua to Copan in shuttle and Copan to Le Ceiba on a bus.  But when I arrived Antigua, they told me the shuttle next morning 5 AM already full. So I took the shuttle to Copan at 2 PM instead, 125 Quetzales.  Now that I needed to spend one night in Copan, I decided to visit the ruins the next morning. 

The Hedman bus from Copan to Le Ceiba took off 2 PM, cost me 653 Lempiras, around 33 USD.  When I consulted the travel agency in Antigua, they all told me it is USD 44.  So, do not buy bud ticket from any travel agency.  Buses can't be all full.

For people who travel from Panajachel to Le Ceiba, I think a  more easy way is to travel from Pana to Antigua in the morning ( 75 Quetzales or ten USD) then take the two PM shuttle to Copan on the same day.   Stay one night in Copan, the next day to Le Ceiba.  There are also other bus companies serve this route.  I took Hedman as it is safe with your passport and bags registered in their system.


I realized that Hedman now also has bus from Antigua to Copan, but it is more expensive than the shuttle. Always check its website to check the routes and fare before you plan your trip.

0 意見 :